1954 JB Is Founded
The Sisters of Notre Dame opened the doors to Julie Billiart School at Notre Dame Academy on Ansel Road with just 16 students.
1958 Stately & Serene
The school was relocated to the Arter Mansion in Lyndhurst.
1970 Moving and Shaking
A much-needed gymnasium was added to the mansion. Due to an increase in enrollment, the primary grades were relocated to Notre Dame College.
1979 First Edition
Three classrooms, two restrooms, a clinic, and reception offices were added to the Arter Mansion, allowing all grades to be accommodated under one roof. The primary grades were moved back from Notre Dame College.
2006 Second Edition
A 16,000-sq-ft expansion to the Arter Mansion included additional classrooms, resource rooms, and areas for art and music.
2009 Growing Leadership
As sponsors of the school, the Sisters of Notre Dame enlisted a Board of Directors to propel Julie Billiart School into the future.
2015 Time To Celebrate
Friends, families, alumni, students and staff proudly celebrated the school's 60th anniversary.
2016 Going Beyond Lyndhurst
The necessary funding, occupancy permits and licensing were secured for Julie Billiart Schools, Akron, ensuring an opening date of August 2017.
2017 Becoming A Family of Learners
Officially recognized as a network of schools adopting the name Julie Billiart Schools.